The motorbike rental service in Yen Minh is not well-developed and the number of available bikes is limited due to it being a small district of Ha Giang. Therefore, the wisest choice for those who want to explore Yen Minh by motorbike is to rent a bike in Ha Giang city and then ride up to Yen Minh, or to rent in Dong Van and then travel to Yen Minh.
Top 5 places to rent a motorbike from Ha Giang to Yen Minh
Riding a motorbike from Ha Giang to Yen Minh always brings new and exciting experiences for young travelers. Renting a motorbike in Ha Giang is not too difficult as tourism here is developing rapidly. Below are some reputable places for Ha Giang motorbike rental recommended by many foreign tourists:
1. Ha Giang Amazing Tour
- Contact: 0915 635 969
- Address: Group 1, Cau Me Hamlet, Ha Giang City, Ha Giang
- Website: https://hagiangamazingtours.com/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rating: 4.5/5
- Rental price: 180.000đ/day/bike
- Strong and good climbing motorbikes that are well-maintained
- Provide free shower and rest for customers renting motorbikes
- Equipped with helmets, travel maps, raincoats, luggage straps, protective gear for hands and feet, drinking water, and medical masks
- The owner is both a local and an experienced traveler who is enthusiastic in advising on routes to take, places to visit, foods to try, as well as warning against scams
- The staff are very supportive and willing to help customers with luggage and any issues that may arise during the trip
- Offers motorbike tour services in Ha Giang for those who cannot ride long-distance motorbikes
- Conveniently located near the bus station, open 24/24, and can receive and return motorbikes at any time.
2. Giang Son Motorbike Rental
- Contact: 0941 719 955
- Address: Km 3, Cau Me, Ha Giang City, Ha Giang
- Rating: 4.7/5
- Rental price: 150.000đ-200.000đ/day/bike
- Various models of motorbikes with consistent quality
- Free shower and accommodation for renters
- Attentive and supportive owner and staff
- Open 24/24
3. Hong Hao Motorbike Rental
- Contact: 0353 982 928
- Address: 10 Pham Hong Thai, Minh Khai Ward, Ha Giang City, Ha Giang
- Rating: 4.8/5
- Rental price: 150.000đ/day/bike for old motorbikes, 200k/day/bike for new ones
- Good quality motorbikes with efficient brakes
- Free shower and overnight accommodation if arriving early
- Hospitable owner who provides breakfast for early renters
- Free helmet rental, but additional fees for raincoats and boots may apply.
4. Rent a motorbike from Motogo
- Phone: 0338 023 344
- Address: Group 1, Cau Me village, Ha Giang
- Rating: 4.0/5
- Offers two main types of motorbikes for rent in Ha Giang: Yamaha Sirius 110cc for 200.000đ/day and Honda XR 150cc for 550.000đ/day
- Professional motorbike rental service
- Consistent quality of motorbikes, regularly replaced with new ones
- Provides pick-up and drop-off service in Ha Giang city and Dong Van or Meo Vac districts
- Supplies helmet, protective gear, reflective vest, bungee cords, luggage rack, and repair kit if needed
5. Rent a motorbike from Hang Thuong
- Contact: 0836 399 888
- Location 1: 15B Pham Hong Thai Street, To 17, Minh Khai Ward, Ha Giang city
- Location 2: Km54 Bac Quang town, Ha Giang
- Rating: 4.6/5
- Motorbike rental price: 200.000đ/day/bike, relatively high compared to the market price
- Mainly rents out Wave motorbikes, with high performance and good specifications
- Two locations, convenient for those traveling to Hoang Su Phi
- Provides itinerary guidance and assistance with booking transportation and accommodation at tourist attractions in Ha Giang.
Top 3 rental locations for motorbikes from Dong Van to Yen Minh
If you want to save energy, you can shorten the distance by renting a motorbike from Dong Van and moving to Meo Vac instead of driving nearly 100 km from Ha Giang city. In recent years, the motorbike rental service in Dong Van has developed quite a lot, with many reputable establishments that are very popular among backpackers.
1.Truong Tam Motorbike Rental
- Contact: 097 280 55 08
- Address: To 7, Dong Van Town, Dong Van, Ha Giang
- Rating: 4.5/5
- Rental price: 180.000đ/day/bike, quite cheap compared to the Dong Van area
- Mainly rents Honda Blade and Yamaha Sirius motorbikes, new bikes with good quality and strong performance
- Provides a service to return the bike to Ha Giang city with an additional fee of 100.000đ
- The owner is attentive and dedicated, always carefully checking the bike before handing it over to customers
- If the bike encounters any issues along the way, the owner will bring another bike to exchange within a short time and you will not have to pay any additional fees
- Simple rental procedure: just need to provide ID card, passport (for foreigners) or driving license
- This location was once a filming location for the VTV1 channel’s “Silent beneath the deep abyss” show.
2. Renting a motorbike from Mr. Siu’s house
- Address: Nguyen Trai Street, Dong Van, Ha Giang (behind Dong Van market)
- Rating: 4.2/5
- Rental price: 250.000đ/day/bike, higher than the average price
- Limited number of bikes, mostly manual ones, can handle mountain passes and slopes well
- Offers homestay accommodation service with prices ranging from around 60.000đ-100.000đ/night
- Mr. Siu is enthusiastic, hospitable, and helpful to renters
- Only requires ID card, passport, or driver’s license for deposit.
3. Renting motorbikes at Mr. Chi’s (Secretary of the Party cell)
- Contact: 0977 99 30 71
- Address: Dong Van Old Market, Dong Van District, Ha Giang Province (behind the gate of the market)
- Rating: 4/5
- Rental price: 200,000 VND/day/motorbike. Homestay service is available at 60,000 VND/person and shared sanitation with the host.
- Small scale, so the number of motorbikes is not many and they are all step-through bikes.
- Because they are regularly inspected and maintained, all the motorbikes are in good working condition and can handle the rugged terrain of Dong Van.
- Mr. Chi always provides the best possible conditions and assistance for renters, making you feel very comfortable when renting a motorbike here.
- You only need to provide your ID card, passport (for foreigners) or driver’s license as a deposit.
Things to know before renting a motorbike to Yen Minh, Ha Giang
To avoid unnecessary trouble during your trip, you need to know these things before renting a motorbike:
Firstly, you should have a general understanding of the motorbike rental service here. From there, you can determine the average price, the quality of the motorbikes, and the advantages and disadvantages of each store to make the best choice. You can refer to reviews on travel websites such as Ha Giang Amazing Tour, Google Map, Cung Phuot,…
Absolutely do not choose a cheap but old motorbike that is over 3 years old (about more than 72,000 km) due to the hilly terrain, which causes the motorbike to depreciate very quickly. You can only safely go over the mountain pass if the motorbike is still new and running smoothly.
In addition, you should avoid renting a scooter because the brakes can easily fail with continuous and intense use. In case you cannot avoid it, you can refer to tips for safely riding a scooter on mountain passes.
Be sure to check the motorcycle carefully before starting the journey. Do not overlook details such as the tire tread not being too worn, brakes working properly, and lights being bright enough. If possible, take the bike for a test ride to ensure it operates smoothly.
Do not forget to fully understand the information and regulations in the contract. If you have any questions, discuss them with the owner to avoid future complications. Also, pay attention to the rental duration. Most shops charge for one day as 24 hours. However, some places count one day until midnight on the same day.
If you plan to travel to Yen Minh on weekends or holidays, it is recommended to reserve the bike 2-3 weeks in advance to avoid the possibility of rental shortages that may affect your itinerary. The procedures are straightforward, you just need to provide personal information, the number of motorcycles, the location, and the date and time of pick-up.
Above are the information about prices, quality, and accompanying services of motorbike rental shops for traveling to Yen Minh, Ha Giang. Hopefully, this article can help you consider and make a suitable choice for yourself. Wish you a pleasant trip!