One of the best ways to experience the Ha Giang Loop is with the help of an easy rider. In this post, we’ll dive into a 3-day tour of the Ha Giang Loop with an easy rider.
The 3-day tour of Ha Giang Loop itinerary
The 3-day Ha Giang Loop tour typically starts with an overnight sleeper bus ride from your hotel in Hanoi to Ha Giang. Once you arrive in Ha Giang, you’ll meet your easy rider and begin your journey through the scenic landscape of Northern Vietnam. Let’s explore the Ha Giang Loop Map.
Day 1: Ha Giang City – Yen Minh town – Tham ma pass – H’mong King palace – Dong Van
Our tour begins at 8:00 am, when your easy rider picks you up from your hotel or hostel. As you journey towards Tam Son, just a few kilometers from Ha Giang City, be prepared to witness a remarkable transformation in the scenery.
After enjoying the majestic view of Heaven Gate, we will head towards Yen Minh, where you will indulge in a delicious lunch. Following this, we will continue our journey towards Dong Van, passing through the picturesque Chin Khoanh pass.
Get ready to immerse yourself in the life of hill-tribe villages where local people tirelessly work on the land. Our skilled driver will even take you to the Chinese border and the famous northernmost viewpoint in Vietnam.
As we approach Dong Van Town, we will make a special stop at Hmong King’s Palace, the home of Vuong’s family in Sa Phin. A true cultural gem, this palace is steeped in rich history and tradition.
In the late afternoon, we will finally arrive in Dong Van, where you can enjoy a good dinner after an exhilarating day full of adventures. Spend the evening exploring the town and relaxing before the next eventful day of our tour.
Day 2: Dong Van Town – Ma Pi Leng Pass – Meo Vac Town – Du Gia
On the second day of the tour, you’ll start the day by enjoying delicious breakfast at the homestay. After that, we will depart from Dong Van Town for one of the most stunning parts of the journey, Ma Pi Leng Pass.
This legendary pass is famous for its craggy cliffs and breathtaking views, and it is often called the “king” of passes in Vietnam. The winding road passes through the cliffs and reaches an altitude of 2,000 meters.
To fully appreciate the beauty of the pass, we will hike the Sky Path, which offers a 360-degree panoramic view of Ma Pi Leng Pass, the valley, and the Nho Que River. From the peak of the pass, you will be awed by the stunning mountains and rivers.
After that, we will continue our journey to more remote villages, including Lung Ho, Mau Due, and Meo Vac, where we will stop for lunch and drinks.
You’ll visit Meo Vac Town, a bustling market town known for its colorful ethnic minority groups. There are optional activities like visiting waterfalls or hot springs before continuing on to Du Gia, a peaceful village nestled in the mountains where you’ll stay overnight.
Day 3: Du Gia – Lung Khuy Cave – Ha Giang City
On the third day of the tour, you will head back to Ha Giang, but the adventure is far from over.
After two hours of driving, you’ll arrive at the famous Lung Khuy cave, which is around 300 meters long and filled with magnificent stalactites and unique shapes that will spark your imagination.
You’ll also pass by Quan Ba town and see Nui Do mountain, which some say resembles a fairy’s breasts. After crossing the Sky Gate, you’ll return to Bac Sum pass for an exhilarating ride before arriving back in Ha Giang in the late afternoon.
Finally, you’ll return to Ha Giang City and say goodbye to your Ha Giang easy rider before boarding the sleeper bus back to Hanoi. That’s the end of your 3-day Ha Giang Loop tour with an easy rider.
What does the Ha Giang Loop 3-day tour include?
Tour cost: $190/pax
- Hotel pick up & drop off
- Free rest room when arriving Ha Giang early
- Good motobike with fuel, helmet and protective gear
- Easy rider as an experience tour guide
- All accommodation (1 night Hotel in Dong Van, 1 night homestay in Du Gia Village)
- Entrance fee, and selected activities
- Meals: 3 breakfast, 3 lunch, 2 dinner and free mineral water
- Bus fare
- Soft drinks, beers, wine
- Travel Insurance
- Personal expenses
(If you want to include 2-way bus in your tour, you must pay an extra of $30/person)
Practical tips for Ha Giang Loop 3 day tour with easy rider
Traveling the Ha Giang Loop with an easy rider is an amazing adventure to explore the natural beauty and cultural richness of northern Vietnam. To ensure that your journey is both enjoyable and safe, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Make reservations in advance: During peak season, it can be challenging to find an available tour guide due to high demand. To avoid disappointment, book your guide’s services ahead of time.
- Choose a reputable guide: It’s crucial to select a guide who is reputable and experienced. Check reviews and ask for recommendations from other travelers or your accommodation.
- Plan your route: To avoid missing any significant landmarks or attractions, plan your route ahead of time. Your guide can help you tailor your route to your interests and abilities.
- Pack appropriately: The weather in Ha Giang can be unpredictable, so be sure to bring appropriate gear such as warm clothing and rain gear. Also, wear a helmet and other protective gear while riding.
- Embrace new experiences: A significant part of the joy of traveling with an easy rider is experiencing local culture and lifestyle. Be open to trying new foods and activities and embrace the adventure.
- Be mindful of the environment: Ha Giang is a beautiful but fragile ecosystem, so it’s important to be mindful of your impact. Respect local customs and traditions and avoid leaving trash behind.
- Bring cash: Many places along the Ha Giang Loop do not accept credit cards, so bring enough cash to cover expenses like food, accommodation, and entrance fees.
- Prepare for long days: The Ha Giang Loop is a lengthy journey, so be prepared for extended periods of riding. Take breaks when necessary, and bring snacks and water to stay hydrated and energized.
In conclusion, the Ha Giang Loop 3-day tour with an easy rider is a truly unforgettable experience. With the help of your easy rider, you can explore the rugged terrain, witness the unique culture of the ethnic minority groups, and take in some of the most stunning scenery in Southeast Asia. Book your tour today and get ready for an adventure of a lifetime!